Home Remedies to Get Rid of Ingrown Hair
Ingrown hair is generally known as razor bumps that have the strength to grow back into the skin instead of increasing in length from it. Ingrown hair is usually curled and often people of African American community have curly hair observed by the University of Alabama at Birmingham Health System.
The razor bumps produced by ingrown hair are appeared just like a pimple and the symptoms occur due to this are redness, swelling, pain and irritation in that area. The most targeted area is when people used to shave to remove the unwanted hair like beard area, under arms, legs and bikini area.
This is not so difficult to deal with but it is uncomfortable and irritating problem for those people who suffer. The lucky thing about ingrown hair is it goes away on its own but sometimes it takes a long process to recover and heal completely. You can try some home remedies that will help in the healing process in order to get rid of the inflammation and redness.
See Here - How to Get Rid of Dark Pores on the Legs
See Here - How to Get Rid of Dark Pores on the Legs
1. Baking Soda
Baking soda helps in keeping the skin smooth as it contains anti-inflammatory properties. It has exfoliating properties too that it helps in reducing the inflammation of the skin.
- Take a bowl and mix one tbsp. of baking soda and one cup of water in it. Take a small piece of cotton ball and dip it in this solution. Dab it gradually on the affected skin then leave it for five minutes then wash it off with cold water. Repeat the remedy two to three times.
- Another option is to make a homemade scrub by missing one tsp of baking soda, one tsp of ground oatmeal and one tbsp. of water. Mix all of them properly as to make a smooth paste. Apply a small amount of this scrub gently on your skin and scrub it for five minutes. After leaving it for few minutes, rinse it off with lukewarm water and gently pat the skin dry. Follow this remedy two times daily.
2. Tea Tree Oil
It has anti-bacterial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties which help in healing and preventing the skin from any infection.
- In two tbsp. of distilled water, add five drops of tea tree oil then apply this dilute mixture on the affected skin. Make sure that you have cleansed the area with antibacterial soap before using this mixture. Leave it for 10 minutes the rinse it off with lukewarm water. Do this remedy twice daily.
- Alternatively, mix one tbsp. of olive oil and three drops of tea tree oil then apply the mixture on the affected area then massage gently for few minutes. Leave it for 10 minutes then rinse with lukewarm water. Follow the remedy twice daily.
Aspirin has soothing properties so it helps in reducing the redness and inflammation occur due to ingrown hair. Salicylic acid is present in aspirin which scrubs away the dead skin as to make the wrong hair loosen.
- In one tsp of warm water, soak two tablets of aspirin until it dissolves and appears in the form of a paste-like uniformity.
- Now add one tsp of honey to the paste.
- Apply this paste on the affected area then leave it for 10 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water then pat dry the skin.
- Follow this remedy once or twice a week.
Salt has many advantages regarding to your skin. It is known
as the exfoliating agent so it promotes healing, reduces swelling and increases
- Take a cup filled with lukewarm water then add one and one-half tsp of table salt in it.
- Now dip a cotton ball in this solution and gently use it to rub the affected parts of the skin.
- Leave the mixture on the skin for few minutes then rinse it off with water.
- Do this remedy twice daily until the ingrown hair is all clear.
5. Sugar Scrub
Scrubbing is the most effective way to get rid of ingrown hair. Scrub is always made from sugar so everybody knows that sugar helps in the exfoliation process to the skin that removes dead cells and stops the inflammation regarding ingrown hair. It will also make your skin soft and smooth.
- In a bowl, add one cup of sugar and one-half cup of extra-virgin olive or jojoba oil.
- Stir it well then add 10 drops of tea tree oil and lavender essential oil.
- Apply just a little amount of this scrub on the affected area.
- Scrub the skin slowly in circular motion for few minutes then rinse the area with lukewarm water.
- Use this remedy for twice a week. You can save the scrub by putting it in an airtight jar or container to use again.
Black tea bags are also beneficial to help against ingrown
hairs because it contains tannic acid that leads to the reduction of
inflammation thus makes the skin soothe.
6. Black Tea Bags
- In warm water, moisten the black tea then rub it over the affected area for three minutes.
- Repeat the process for certain times daily as per requirement.
- Another thing you can do is steep a black tea bag in a hot water for few minutes.
- Remove it from the water and squeeze out the liquid into a bowl.
- Now mix it with one tsp of coconut water. Soak a piece of cotton in this mixture then press it on the affected skin with the gentle motion of your hands. Do this remedy two times daily for the better improvement.
Aloe vera is also good for ingrown hair treatment. Aloe vera
is soothing and cooling in nature that provides instant relief from itching and
inflammation. Moisturizing effect is also present in aloe vera so it leaves
your skin smooth and fastens the healing process.
7. Aloe Vera
- Take an aloe vera leaf then extract the fresh gel from it.
- Rub the gel on the irritated skin then allow it to dry itself for half an hour.
- After that rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Do this remedy for three times daily.
Honey has antibacterial properties that helps in the prevention of the affected area to get further infected. Honey keeps your skin moisturized and reduces the swelling.
- Take a small amount of honey and apply its layer directly on the irritated skin.
- Let it dry for 10 minutes then rinse it off with cold water.
- Follow this remedy about four times a day.
9. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has all in one nature because it is best to treat thousands of skin problems. It has anti-inflammatory properties that help in reducing the inflammation and helps in destroying the bacteria and yeast which reduces the risk of infection.
- Apply apple cider vinegar directly with the help of a cotton ball.
- Allow it to absorb properly in the skin then wash it with lukewarm water.
- Follow this remedy twice daily.
Cucumbers contain anti-inflammatory
and hydrating properties that deal with the annoying symptoms of ingrown hair. It
also has vitamin C that helps in relieving the pain.
- Take a cucumber and slice them then place them in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- After half an hour, take out chilled slices of cucumber from the refrigerator then gently rub it on the affected skin.
- Do this for several times daily.
- You can also prepare a puree of cucumber and mixing it with one-third cup of milk.
- Put this mixture also in refrigerator for few minutes.
- Take a woolen cloth piece and soak it in the mixture then apply it on the affected area for few minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Follow this remedy twice daily for few days until you see improvement.
How to Wax Upper Lips at Home
How to Properly Shave your Legs
How to Make Smooth and Silky Legs
How to Lighten Dark Armpits in 2 Weeks